The following Admissions Timeline pertains to students who will graduate 8th grade in 2017 (PCHS Class of 2021).
September 2016 through April 2017
November 20, 2016
January 14, 2017
Required for all incoming freshmen
January 15, 2017 – February 9, 2017
The online application must be completed in its entirety by Thursday, February 9, 2017. Select the following link for directions and tips.
February 15, 2017
Placement Exam Results
Notification of acceptance will be sent via U.S. Mail.
If you completed the online application, you will receive placement exam results and a list of your student’s freshman courses.
February 27, 2017
Scheduling and Information Night for the Class of 2021
- Times and procedures will be forthcoming.
- It is imperative that parents arrive for their session at the scheduled start time.
- If unable to attend your scheduled session, please plan on attending one of the other available sessions.
March 1, 2017
Financial Aid Applications Due to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment
Scholarship Applications Due
- Kazma Family Foundation Scholarship Applications Due to Joliet Diocese (Please do not send applications to Providence Catholic High School).
The following scholarship applications are due back to Providence Catholic High School:
- Augustinian Service Scholarship
- Celtic Leadership Scholarship
- Chase “Academic Achievement” Scholarship
- The Stanley and Adele Guz Memorial Scholarship
March 31, 2017
Invitations will be mailed to registered students only
Freshman Scholarships Notification
Financial Aid Award Notification
May 6, 2017 8:30 AM or May 9, 2017 3:30 PM
Proficiency Exams (Algebra, Spanish, French)
- Choose one date to take one or more exams
- Each proficiency exam will last 1 hour
- There is no fee
- Calculators are not allowed for Algebra exam
May 31, 2017
Dress Code Order Due
Must order by this date to ensure delivery before the new school year
Schedule High School Physical
- State of Illinois mandates all 9th graders must have a physical before entering high school
- Must bring official State of Illinois health form with you to the physical and have medical personnel complete the 2-page form in its entirety
- The physical form must also be signed by medical personnel and parent
- Required before student schedule and book sale number are issued in second half of July
- Completed form is due to PCHS absolutely no later than August 1
View/print State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination
June 5-22, 2017
Summer Studies Program
Parents and students will received notification in their scheduling packet if Summer Studies courses are required for acceptance.
June 14, 2017
Freshmen Family BBQ (5:30 pm -8 pm)
- The Class of 2021 and their families are invited to an evening BBQ in the PCHS Bishop Kaffer Stadium
- Complimentary food, refreshments, games and giveaways
- Invitations will be sent to all registered families
Textbook Sale (Date/Times TBA)
Additional information will be provided with other forms in July mailer; entrance times will be determined by date of forms received.
August 9, 2017
Fall Sports Tryouts
- Additional information including dates and times will be included in mailer and posted online.
IMPORTANT: Any student interested in trying out for a sport must submit to PCHS the completed IHSA Pre-participation Examination prior to tryouts. This is an additional form required by IHSA and is not a substitute for the State of Illinois form mentioned above. Both physical forms MUST BE signed by both a physician and parent and submitted to PCHS prior to the tryout date.