Thank you to everyone who has supported Harvest Drive 2016, which generated more than $355,000 to date. We greatly appreciate everyone’s support in helping PCHS thrive. Select the button below to view the winners of the raffle drawing, as well as the Top-Five students and families with the highest sales.
Providence Catholic will accept late money for online advertisements through October 31, which will be credited toward the student/family’s harvest drive obligation. However, late money will not be considered when determining student/family prize incentives.
The Fall Harvest Drive was initiated in 1968 in an effort to raise funds for Providence, which was facing a serious financial crisis. To prevent Providence from closing its doors, the school held a car raffle and carnival that generated $15,000 the first year and $32,000 the following year. Encouraged by the results of this fund-raising effort, the Joliet Diocese decided to keep the doors open.
The Fall Harvest Drive has become an annual mandatory fundraising event that involves the participation of the entire Providence Catholic community. Income generated through the Harvest Drive is vital to the financial stability of the school; proceeds are built directly into the school’s operating budget. Thanks to the support from the local community and area businesses, Providence is able to keep tuition increases at a minimum and still provide an outstanding college preparatory education to its students.
Each PCHS student is required to raise a minimum of $350, while families with two or more students at Providence are required to raise a minimum of $500.
Students may reach their fundraising obligation by selling $10 raffle tickets and/or online advertising.
All unsold raffle tickets must be returned by 9 am on September 18, 2015.
Businesses/individuals may purchase an advertisement listing in the new and improved Harvest Drive E-Directory that will be accessed through the PCHS website. These listings will be posted the first week of November 2016. Below are the three listing levels and details of each. View 16-17 E-Directory
Platinum Level Ad – $500.00
12 month listing includes:
- Featured Listing on E-Directory Home Page
- Featured Listing on Ad Category Page
- Link to Ad Listing in Principal’s Newsletter (November – May)
Gold Level Ad – $300.00
6 month listing includes:
- Featured Listing on Ad Category Page
Bronze Level Ad – $100.00
3 month listing
- Monday, Aug. 22 | Ticket Distribution*
- Thursday, Sept. 1 | 1st Money Turn-In
- Wednesday, Sept. 7 | Final Money Turn-In
- Friday, September 9 | HD Olympics/Raffle Drawing
- Wednesday, October 24 | HD Prize Selection
- Monday, November 21 | Gift Card Prizes Delivered
- November 2016 | E-Directory Posted
* Raffle Tickets and instructions will be delivered to students at the end of the school day on Monday, August 22.
The following forms require a PDF Reader to open. If forms do not open, download free Adobe Reader.
Due to the volume of funds coming in through the mail and online, one receipt will be posted for families to check the status of any paid ad listings received online or through the mail on their student’s behalf. For privacy, only the student ID # is listed, along with the advertiser’s name and the amount that was credited to each student.
- Any money/raffle tickets received from students on non-return days (not thru the mail or online) will be processed on the Money Turn-In days (9/1 and 9/7).
- Students must complete a Money Turn-In Form when they are turning in ANY money (this includes turn-in days and drop offs in the main office and Learning Commons for Mrs. O’Brien).
- The receipt link below DOES NOT include ad listings or raffle money that was turned in by the student.
- The purpose of this receipt is to notify families of funds that have come in on their student’s behalf.
- Receipts will be posted by 9 PM on Friday’s and Tuesday’s beginning August 26 and concluding September 6 (this includes funds received by mail and online through 6 PM).
Raffle Ticket Payment Methods
Providence Catholic will accept payment in the form of a check, cash or money order for raffle ticket sales. No credit cards.
E-Directory Ad Listing Payment Methods
Providence Catholic will accept payment in the form of a credit card (thru PayPal), check, cash or money order for ad listings.
Checks/Money Orders should be made payable to PCHS (add “Harvest Drive” in the memo section)
If mailing, send to:
Providence Catholic High School
Attn: Harvest Drive
1800 W. Lincoln Hwy.
New Lenox, IL 60451
Raffle Ticket Prize Drawing
Raffle tickets will be sold at $10 per ticket. Winning tickets will be drawn on Friday, September 9 at approximately 1 pm. Winner need not be present.
Top Seller Prize Incentives
IMPORTANT: All money must be received by 9 AM on Wednesday, September 7 to qualify for any student prizes. See details below on late money.
Top seller prizes are capped at $5,000.00 and are awarded in the form of tuition credit. If a student/family’s account is paid in full, they will receive a credit to their tuition account, but may request a check from the tuition office for any overage.
Individual Student Prize Incentives
- Highest Sales: $1,000 (or) 50% of the total individual student sales – whichever is greatest*
- 2nd Highest Sales: $750 (or) 40% of the total individual student sales – whichever is greatest*
- 3rd Highest Sales: $500 (or) 30% of the total individual student sales – whichever is greatest*
- 4th Highest Sales: $300 (or) 20% of the total individual student sales – whichever is greatest*
- 5th Highest Sales: $200 (or) 10% of the total individual student sales – whichever is greatest*
Family Prize Incentives
- Highest Sales: $1,000 (or) 50% of the total family sales – whichever is greatest*
- 2nd Highest Sales: $750 (or) 40% of the total family sales – whichever is greatest*
- 3rd Highest Sales: $500 (or) 30% of the total family sales – whichever is greatest
- 4th Highest Sales: $300 (or) 20% of the total family sales – whichever is greatest*
- 5th Highest Sales: $200 (or) 10% of the total family sales – whichever is greatest*
*In cases where the money raised is equal to or less than the prize value or if there is a tie, the prize value will automatically default to the designated percentage (ie. If 3rd place winner raised $500, their prize would be $150). In cases of ties, prize incentives will be awarded to the top 5 students and top 5 families (ie. If three students tie for 3rd Highest sales, their prizes will be 30% of money raised. There will be no additional prizes distributed for 4th and 5th highest sales).
Additional Student Prize Incentives
Great prizes are also available for students who surpass their fund-raising obligation by at least $100 (minimum $450 for individual students or $600 for families). Students who were eligible to receive a Harvest Drive prize were emailed a link to an online form where they can select their prize. The email to eligible students was sent to both the student and their parent(s) on Wednesday, October 26. The online prize selection form must be submitted by 5 pm on Wednesday, November 2. Any eligible student/family that does not submit their prize selection form by the deadline will automatically receive tuition credit at their selection.
Charlie Celtic Student Raffle
$100 cash prizes will be awarded to six lucky students
- Charlie Celtic Raffle #1
- students must bring in at least $100 by Thursday, September 1 (3 winners will be drawn on Friday, September 2).
- Charlie Celtic Raffle #2
- students must exceed their quota by a minimum of $100 by Wednesday, September 7 (3 winners will be drawn on Friday, September 9).
Providence Catholic will accept late money for online advertisements thru October 31, which will be credited toward the student/family’s harvest drive obligation. However, late money will not be considered when determining student/family prize incentives.
Those who do not fulfill their minimum Harvest Drive fundraising obligation will be billed on their November tuition statement for any remaining balance.