Welcome to the 2016-17 School Year!
We are glad you are here! This page is your one-stop shop for all things related to back to school. Please check back often for updated information.
Freshmen Orientation & Welcome on Friday 8/12/16
Welcome Class of 2020!
Be it known to all who enter here, Jesus Christ is the reason for our school.
Perhaps, on entering the school, you have noticed this inscription placed at both main entrances into Providence Catholic. It is a testament to our belief that Christ is at the core of all we do. Whether we study, play, work or relax we encounter God in the people and situations around us. Our “spirituality” is an awareness of the grace of God constantly surrounding us. For this reason, we will begin your student’s high school career with a welcome and orientation on Friday, August 12th, that introduces him/her to Providence Catholic High School.
- Buses will not run during this day
- Our day officially begins at 7:55 AM – Arrive between 7:30 and 7:45 AM.
- Use Door #1 or Door #4 for drop-off
- Yearbook and ID photos will be taken
- Students need to be in full dress code
- Bring your class schedule
- Light breakfast for those who arrive early
- Lunch provided for everyone!
- Day concludes at approximately 2:30 PM
- Pick-up in the student lot (east side of building nearest to K-Mart) at 2:35 PM
We look forward to getting to know our newest additions to the Providence Family and to acquaint them with what makes Providence Catholic High School so special—our faith in God!
Welcome to the Providence Family!
8/9/16: Information about QuikLunch & PayForIt emailed to Parents
For the 2016-2017 school year, Providence Catholic High School is pleased to announce that we are now using the QuikLunch ® Point of Sale Cash Register System in our cafeteria. Students may use their student ID card to access their individual prepaid account to charge their lunch in the cafeteria. This service will reduce time consuming cash transactions and allow our lunch lines to move much faster. Cashiers will spend much less time taking cash at the serving line, parents do not have to worry about lunch money not reaching school, and students never have to worry about not having money to pay for lunch.
Parents have the ability to manage their student’s meal account over the internet by using PayForIt.net, an online school management tool. Using PayForIt, parents can log in at any time to make a deposit to their child’s account, view their child’s account balance, set up recurring deposits to their child’s account, set up e-mail notifications when their child’s account falls below a certain dollar amount, or request a report showing what the child has purchased on their account.
We emailed the information to each primary parent on Tuesday 8/9/16. That email contains the student unique ID#, which is necessary for creating your parent account on PayForIt. The email contained two attachments:
Please email QuikLunch@providencecatholic.org with questions.
Schedule Change Day: Monday, August 8
- Location: Blanchette Learning Commons (formerly known as the Library).
- Time: Seniors & Juniors are asked to come between 8:00-9:30 AM. Sophomores & Freshmen are asked to come between 9:30-11:00 AM.
- Entry: Use Door # 1 near the Main Office. Proceed to the BLC and obtain a number at the check-in desk.
- Bring: You must have your original ivory-colored schedule. (If you have not yet received your schedule, refer to the 7/23/16 post below. The Main Office will be open 8:30 – 11:30 AM if you need to complete any requirements.)
- Fee: The fee to make a schedule change is $75.00 and must be paid by cash or check on the day of the change. Credit cards are not accepted on that day.
- Other Details: Schedule changes will be made on a first come, first served basis.
- View/Print list of closed courses
8/2/16: Book Sale Information updated
Read all important details about the Book Sale on August 9. Also included is information about parking tags, used polos, and locks.
View/Print UPDATED Book Sale information
New this year! We will be using both Twitter and Remind to notify you when Book Sale admittance numbers are called. This will help you determine what time to arrive at school for admittance. You can choose by which method to receive updates:
- For Twitter, follow @PCHS_Celtics
- To sign-up for texts via Remind, click here for easy directions.
7/29/16: ParentPlus & StudentPlus Login Information emailed
For all information, go to the PlusPortal page on our website.
If you have any questions about ParentPlus or StudentPlus, please email Mrs. Rosanne Grigoletti, Technology Director.
7/25/16: Get your Calculator on Sale
OfficeMax currently has a great deal on the TI-Nspire CX calculator that is required for math students. View the sale price here.
7/23/16: Class Schedules mailed with additional back to school information
We have mailed student schedules to those families who have met the requirements necessary to release schedules. Those requirements, as stated previously, are as follows:
- Family Contact & Emergency form completed online
(The link was emailed to the primary parent on 7/8/16. Please see below. We re-sent the email to those families who have not submitted it yet.)
- 1st month tuitions is paid in full for all students in your family
- State of Illinois School Physical – for incoming freshmen only
In the envelope with your student schedule(s) is a newsletter with a lot of important news. Please be sure to read ALL information carefully. Highlights of the mailer include:
- New GPA structure
- School calendar
- Picture packet for Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors
- Fall Athletics sports pass
- Reminders and details about Schedule Change Day, our annual Book Sale, orientation for freshmen and transfer students
- Lockers and Parking Tags
- Fall Musical audition dates and times
- Women’s & Men’s Club events
- Lots more!
7/22/16: Textbook List Posted
The textbook list has been updated for 16-17. The list is complete with course name, book title, PCHS Bookstore price (new) and ISBN number.
View/Print the textbook list
7/18/16: BYOD Software list emailed to Freshmen Families
We emailed all Freshmen families with a link to the Software Applications page on our website. This page contains a list of suggested software and favorites to have on students’ devices before the school year begins. Go to Software Applications page now.
7/10/16: Student Handbook for 2016-17 Posted
The newest edition of the Parent-Student Handbook is now available online here. You can always find it on our site in the Student Life Menu, as well as in the Student and Parent mega-menus.
The handbook contains our updated dress code policy.
7/8/16: First Mailer Sent to Homes
On Friday, July 8, we mailed the first packet of information for Back to School 2016. The packet was sent to all 2016-17 families by U.S. mail. It contains an abundance of important information, including:
- Welcome letter
- July Family Newsletter
- Tuition letter and policies
- First tuition statement
- August 9 Book Sale information
- Fall sports information
- Photo prices for underclassmen
- Hosting international students
- Tips on updating the Family information form online
- Much more
As you know, mail delivery dates and times vary greatly; please allow several days for the packet to arrive. If you do not receive it by Thursday, 7/14, call the Main Office between 8:30 -11:30 AM.
7/8/16: Online Family Information Form emailed to Primary Parents
On July 8, we also sent emails from our student information system to the primary parent of each family. (The primary parent is the parent/guardian who you designated to receive by email all action items which require a response or signature. In most, but certainly not all cases, the primary parent is the student’s mother.) The email contains a hyperlink, unique for each student. Use that link to update your student and family information. A separate email was sent for each PCHS student; please be sure to follow the procedures for each child enrolled at PCHS.
If you do not see the email in your in-box, first check your junk/spam folders. The sender is Providence_Catholic.email@example.com, and the subject begins with “ACTION REQUIRED”. Be sure to configure your email to always allow emails from this address, since we send forms throughout the school year.