Microsoft Office Suite – Required on all student devices
Thanks to PCHS licensing with Microsoft, all students are entitled to install the full version of Microsoft Office on their devices. It is NOT necessary to purchase Microsoft Office on your own. Please note that new students will receive login credentials at the BYOD set-up session prior to the start of the school year; they can install Office at that time.
Before proceeding, you may want to watch a short video from Microsoft on how to install. There are separate videos for Windows and Mac.
- IMPORTANT: If you have a Microsoft Office on your device already (even if it is a trial version), uninstall it and reboot. It is never recommended that you have two different installations of the software.
- Directions for uninstalling a program in Windows 10
- Directions for uninstalling a program on Mac
- Login at https://portal.office.com. You will need your student PCHS email address and password. (This was included on the Course Selection sheet you received in June. If you have misplaced it, please email us.)
- Click on Install Office 2016 in the upper right.
- Follow the prompts to complete installation.
Below is a list of required software applications to be installed on student devices. For your convenience, we have included links to the download page.
Required Browser Favorites/Bookmarks
Many of the online activities and work students will be doing be web-based, with no software installation required. Below is a list of the most frequently used tools at PCHS to date.
Click on the link for each site below and add them to your browser Favorites or Bookmarks. We strongly suggest that you enable your Favorites Bar and add them there for the easiest and quickest access. (While you are at these sites, why not explore and experiment, and even watch the tutorials?)
For Microsoft Edge Browser:
For Google Chrome Browser:
When you bring your laptop/tablet to school, you will need to do the following tasks. This cannot be done at home! Stop by the Tech Office if you need assistance.
1. Connect to CelticNet Wi-Fi network (You need to do this once and your device should remember the network).
2. Login to the Barracuda filter (Use your network login name – not your email address – and password. You need to do this every day.)