Because of the predicted dangerous weather conditions, the school will be closed on Wednesday, January 30 & Thursday, January 31, 2019. All school offices will be closed. All extracurricular practices have also been cancelled for these two days.
After school practices and meetings scheduled for tonight, Tues. January 29, 2019 will be held.
In order to continue the learning process and in lieu of traditional classes, we will be having E-Learning Days on Wednesday and Thursday. Students will be expected to use their laptops to electronically access teacher instruction and complete class assignments.
On E-Learning Days, teachers and students will utilize of one or more of the following online platforms:
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Classroom Notebook (OneNote)
Teachers will post assignments and related material using one of the platforms listed above. Be assured that they will use the method that they have already been using with their students. Thus, students will be very familiar with procedures. If by chance students do have trouble, they should communicate that to teachers via email as soon as possible.
Assignments will be posted online no later than 8:00 AM Wednesday. Teachers will email their classes with information about where the assignments are posted, dues dates and other pertinent information.
We encourage students to email teachers with any questions they may have. On both days, teachers in each department will be available online and by email based on the schedule below. Outside of these schedule times, they will also check for new communications sporadically until 3:00 PM each day. Some teachers may need to deviate slightly from this schedule and will communicate those changes to their students.
8:00 – 10:30 AM: Math, Fine Arts and Computer Science & Applications
9:30 – 12:00 PM: English, World Languages, PE/Health
11:30 AM – 2:00 PM: Science, Social Science, Theology
Classes Resume Friday
- We expect school to resume as normal on Friday, Feb. 1.
- We will be on Schedule A.
- It’s also a Spirit Day in celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
- Course requests for current Juniors – originally scheduled for Wed. & Thurs. – will be Friday.
Any changes will be communicated to all families via Notify, our automated messaging system.
Other Event Changes and Cancellations
- Wednesday 1/30: Dr. Dominic Vachon’s talk entitled What is Science Saying about Compassion and What Difference does it Make in our Daily Lives? has been cancelled. New date TBA.
- Thursday 1/31: Wake-Up Call at Joliet West HS rescheduled to April 11, 2019.