Last updated 3/12/2020
From the PCHS Administration: The Second Semester P/T Conferences will be Thursday 3/12/20 from 5:00 to 8:00 PM. We encourage you to schedule a time to visit with your student’s teachers to discuss his/her academic progress.
The online scheduler, PickaTime, will be open beginning Monday 3/2/20 at 7:00 PM.
Get complete information, directions and the link to PickaTime here on the P/T conference page.
In this edition of Parent Connection:
- Information about the Seniors Page, to help Seniors’ parents keep abreast of all events and deadlines during this busy time of year.
- News and reminders for the next few weeks.
- Shameless bragging in the Celtic Pride section!
- Calendar feed at the end of this page – just click on any link for more information.
UPDATE: The last 3 sessions of Re-Igniting Catholicism (sponsored by St. Jude Parish and PCHS) have been cancelled until further notice.
3rd Quarter Report Cards: The end of the quarter is Friday, 3/6. Report cards are slated to be emailed on or before Thursday, 3/12.
Our Spring Musical, Back to the 80’s, opens April 2. Should be a totally awesome show! Purchase your tickets now!
Parking Tags for 20-21: The Deans’ Office will be selling parking tags for the next school year during lunches. All students must complete the online form before paying the fee ($325). Call Dean Healy at 815-717-3156 with questions.
- Class of 2021: April 28 – 30
- Class of 2022: May 5-7
Interested parties can read our Asbestos Management Plan here.
Student Laptops: The Tech Office is open 7:15 AM – 3:15 PM each day that classes are in session. If your student is having trouble with his/her laptop, please encourage him/her to come down for help! Also, if your laptop needs to be sent for repair, we have short-term loaners available. The loaners in the BLC are for daily use only.
Class of 2020: We have create a web page just for Seniors and their parents. It will be updated with all news related to graduation and other year-end events. You can always access the page from the Parents menu on this website. Go to the Class of 2020 page now.
Daily Prayer Podcast: This Lent, we encourage you to subscribe to our podcast entitled “Love, Me: Daily Prayers at Providence Catholic”. Each episode is about 2 minutes long – great way to start or end your day! Listen to the latest episode, and get all the info here.
Spring Sports Begin: Baseball, Boys’ Tennis, Softball, Girls’ Lacrosse, Boys’ Lacrosse and Girls’ Soccer all start on March 2. Boys’ Volleyball will begin on March 9. Please be sure to check the Daily Announcements and the displays in the hallways and commons for exact tryout dates and times.
Women’s Club St. Patrick’s Day Party: Come celebrate with us on March 6 and participate in our Irish Soda Bread Contest! More info.
Celtic $weep$take$: The Men’s Club sweepstakes is in full swing! The second early bird drawing for $500 happens March 4. The Grand Prize Drawing and party will be Saturday, March 28. Purchase your tickets now!
- If your student’s tuition account is not current by April 30 (the Thursday before Prom), he/she will not be allowed to attend the event. Please refer to page 15 of the student handbook for further information.
- Prom tickets will be on sale March 26 & 27 during lunches. Prom is May 1, 2020 at Crystal Tree Gold Club in Orland Park.
- Full details here.
The 20-21 “Year at a Glance” calendar has been posted. Please consult the calendar when making plans next year.
Re-igniting Catholicism Series: Update The final 3 sessions have been cancelled until further notice.
The Harvest Drive E-Directory in online for your convenience.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge
Go to our Celtic Spotlights page
- Taylor Issa, Mia Gleason & Anna Lennon are all essay winners – Read more.
- Our Concert Band won its 4th straight Superior I rating at the State of the Art Festival, and also took home the Leo Henning Award for the most improved band.
- The Math Team took 1st at the ICTM Regionals and is headed to State – Good luck, Mathletes!
- Varsity Girls’ Basketball Team set a new record by becoming Sectional Champions for the first time in school history – and they’re still not done! They face Morton tonight (3/2) for the Super-Sectional Title. Go Celtics!
- Congratulations to the Celtic Hockey Team, who took 2nd in the Kennedy Cup!
- We are proud of 3 wrestlers who competed at the State championship: Ryan Boersma (who took 5th Place and earned All-State honors), Kevin Countryman & Billy Meiszner.
- Have you seen the latest installment of 30 seconds of Celtics ?
- We’ve posted some videos on our Facebook page too: STEM Classroom and In the Classroom.
Head over social media to see more pics & videos
about all the great things happening at PCHS!
Calling all Future Celtics!
Shadow days – register today and experience a day as a Celtic!
If you know of any students who are interested in joining the Class of 2024, please have them contact Enrollment Director Mrs. Ellingson by email or phone at 815.717.3160.
- May 27, 2021 : Graduation for Class of 2021