Last updated 1/21/2020
Message from Dr. John Harper, Principal
Algebra 1 Honors For 8th Graders:
The Administration and Faculty of Providence Catholic High School are proud to invite students who will be in 8th grade this August, to enroll in an Algebra I Honors class. This course will be offered daily on the campus of Providence Catholic High School during our zero hour period (7:05 – 7:50 AM). An academic transcript will be published, and high school credit will be awarded.
Parents will be expected to drop-off their child no later than 7:00 AM. each morning, with class beginning at 7:05 AM. Students should wear the approved dress code for their elementary/middle school.
The cost of this program is $500.00, which includes a textbook and the use of a laptop computer while the student is in class. Students will also need to purchase a TI-Nspire calculator.
At this time, we are determining the level of interest in this program. If interest levels support this program, registration will be open after February 1, 2020. To express your interest in this program for your current 7th grader, complete this interest form and submit no later than Monday, January 27, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com or at (815) 717-3179.
Parents, please read below the news and reminders, and make note of all the events and deadlines coming up in the next few weeks, including Course Selections, Music Step-Up Night and the Re-igniting Catholicism series. These are listed in the calendar feed at the end of this page – just click on any link for more information.
College Planning Meetings for Juniors & their Parents – These personalized, interactive meetings will focus on planning for senior year, specifically using Naviance for the college search and selection process. Junior parents received an email invitation on Friday, Jan. 10 with their assigned date and time.
Prom Tickets will be on sale March 26 & 27 during lunches. Prom is May 1, 2020 at Crystal Tree Gold Club in Orland Park. Full details.
Out of Uniform Day Passes: The Women’s Club is sponsoring an Out of Uniform Day on 2/7/20. Passes can be purchased online and picked up at Bunco Night on 1/24/20.
Music Step-Up Night: The PCHS Choir & Band invite all 5th-8th grade musicians to join them at Music Step-Up Night on 2/10/20. Full details and link to registration.
The 20-21 “Year at a Glance” calendar has been posted. Please consult the calendar when making plans next year.
Reservation Forms for all students returning for the 2020-2021 school year are now due! Please be sure to return the form with $100 pre-payment as soon as possible. Thanks for choosing PCHS!
Our ACT Workshop for Juniors begins Saturday, 2/22. Read complete information and print your registration form here.
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior & Seniors A.C.T.S hours are due Tuesday March 3. Please have a conversation with your student about their progress with service hours.
Course Selections for the 2020-21 School Year is underway. Complete information can be found here. Please pay special attention to parent due dates!
Re-igniting Catholicism Series: All parents are invited to attend any or all of the free adult education programs highlighted in the flyer. RSVP and get more info here.
The Harvest Drive E-Directory in online for your convenience.
Go to our Celtic Spotlights page
- Senior John Ruddy was named a Chick Evans scholar!
- Good luck to junior Taylor Issa who won the DAR Essay contest and now heads to the state competition!
- The Varsity Girls’ Basketball Team continues their winning ways with a current record of 19-5 – Go Celtics!
- Speaking of Girls’ Basketball, Lauren Knight scored her 1000th point on January 9 – Congratulations, Lauren!
- Sophomore wrestler Ryan Boersma keeps rolling over his competition – his record is now a staggering 31-1!
- The Dancing Celtics were named Catholic Conference Champions for the first time in school history!
- Check out PCHS people and events in the local news here.
- Have you seen 30 seconds of Celtics yet?
Head over social media to see more pics & videos
about all the great things students are doing at PCHS!
Calling all Future Celtics!
Shadow days are filling up fast – register today and experience a day as a Celtic!
- January 8, 2020 : Super Celtic Sweepstakes Ticket Sales
- January 28, 2020 : Catholic Schools Week
- January 28, 2020 : Women’s Club Faculty/Staff Luncheon
- January 29, 2020 : Catholic Schools Week
- January 29, 2020 : Junior Class Scheduling
- January 30, 2020 : Catholic Schools Week
- January 30, 2020 : Junior Class Scheduling
- January 30, 2020 7:00 pm: Re-Igniting Catholicism: The Catholic View of Scripture (with Dr. Joan Gorski)
- January 31, 2020 : Catholic Schools Week
- February 4, 2020 : Kairos
- February 4, 2020 7:00 pm: Re-Igniting Catholicism: Making the Bible Come Alive (with Mr. Mark Santschi)
- February 5, 2020 : Kairos
- February 6, 2020 : Kairos
- February 6, 2020 : Men’s Club Baggo, Chili & Early Bird Drawing
- February 6, 2020 7:00 pm: Band Parent Organization Mtg.
- February 7, 2020 : Dress Down Day - special pass only
- February 7, 2020 : Kairos
- February 8, 2020 : Sweetheart Dance
- February 10, 2020 : Music Department Step-Up Night
- February 11, 2020 7:00 pm: Re-Igniting Catholicism: The Catholic Mass Explained (with Father Don Lewandowski, OSA)
- February 16, 2020 : Women's Club: Fashion Show
- February 19, 2020 7:00 pm: Re-Igniting Catholicism: The Rich History of Catholic Social Teaching (with Father Anthony Pizzo, OSA)
- February 21, 2020 : Women's Club Spiritual Retreat: Registration due by January 24
- February 22, 2020 : ACT Workshop
- February 22, 2020 : Trivia Night