Welcome, Class of 2023! We know that the transition to a new school can be overwhelming at times. We created this page to provide important preliminary information and tips to help you get ready for Freshmen Year at PCHS. In late June, we will publish a comprehensive Back-to-School page.
When we add new info to the page, it will be indicated with **.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 815.485.2136. We will be sure to put you in touch with the right person!
Calendar and Important Dates
The Year-at-a Glance Calendar for 19-20 is published. A full, detailed calendar will be posted online in June.
- Mon. June 10: Virtual Bookstore open (more)
- Wed. June 12: Freshman Family Picnic
- Fri. July 19: Last day to register for BYOD Workshop (more info)
- Thu. July 25: Sessions 1 2 & 3 of BYOD Workshops
- Wed. July 31: Sessions 4 & 5 of BYOD Workshops
- Thu. August 1: First tuition payment of 19-20 school year due & Health Physicals due (see below)
- Mon. August 5: Sessions 6 & 7 of BYOD workshops
- Mon. August 12: Back to School Night
- Tues. August 13: New Celtic Welcome
- Wed. August 14: First Day of Classes
Athletic & Activities
- Tues. April 30: Poms/Dance Team clinic and tryouts begin (Full details)
- Late April/May: Cheer Team clinic and tryouts – dates TBA
- Tues. June 18: Colorguard begins (Register now)
- Mon. August 12: Golf (Boys & Girls) and Football begin
- Wed. August 14: Volleyball (Girls), Soccer (Boys), Tennis (Girls) & Cross Country (Boys & Girls) begin
More information about Fall Sports will be published in July.
** Uniform Polo Shirts
Make sure you have enough Dress Code Polos for the school year! We recommend that you order no later than May 31 to ensure that you receive delivery before the first day of classes.
Visit our Dress Code page to order.
Please be sure to read the dress code policy which has been updated for the 19-20 school year.
Calculator: Math students must have a Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CX calculator. (Please be careful and do not purchase the TI-Nspire CAS.) When you purchase a new calculator, software is included. Please be sure to install that software on your student laptop. Contact Math Department Chair Mrs. Jamie Walker with questions.
Laptop: All students are required to bring a laptop to school every day.
- IMPORTANT! We have updated our BYOD specifications for the Class of 2023. Be sure to refer to them to make sure your new or used device meets these requirements. In addition to the laptop, students should have a second power adapter and protective sleeve.
- ** UPDATED – PCHS has partnered with Dell and CDW to make shopping easier for families. Each vendor has a selection of recommended laptops that meet our specifications. We offer this as a convenience; you are free to purchase a laptop from any vendor or use one you already own. Get all the information here on our BYOD page.
- Once you have the laptop, please check the Setup your Device page. Follow the directions to install software.
- Complete information about the program can be found on our BYOD page. Contact Technology Director Mrs. Rosanne Grigoletti at 815.717.3137 with questions.
** BYOD Workshops
All new students are required to attend one BYOD Workshop. Students will learn the necessary skills so that they are ready to go with their laptops on the first day of classes. Get all info here. Workshop dates are:
Session #1: Thu 7/25 @ noon – 3:30 PM
Session #2: Thu 7/25 @ 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Session #3: Thu 7/25 @ 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Session #4: Wed 7/31 @ 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Session #5: Wed 7/31 @ 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Session #6: Mon 8/5 @ 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Session #7: Mon 8/5 @ 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Make an appointment for a health physical early! The State of Illinois Physical Form is REQUIRED for all incoming freshmen and is due to the PCHS Deans’ Office by August 1. This form also meets the sports physical requirement for FRESHMEN ONLY.
Be sure that your doctor’s office uses the most current form which is dated 11/2015 in the page footer. Download form here.
Please watch your email in early May for information about ordering textbooks and ebooks via eTechCampus. Your eTechCampus user credentials will be sent to you in early June prior to the opening of the virtual bookstore.
Refer to the timeline for purchasing 2019-20 books on our Virtual Bookstore page.
Contact Ms. Moira Olivetti or Mrs. MaryBeth Carroll with questions.
Student schedules will be emailed to parents on May 13, 2019. If you do not receive a schedule by the end of that day, please contact Registrar Mrs. Laurie Ford.
Tuition statements will be mailed in July; the first payment is due August 1. For assistance, please contact tuition officer Laura Ziesmer at (815) 717-3176. Families can receive a $250 tuition discount if tuition is paid in full by August 1. More Info.
Host an International Student
Providence Catholic and their partner agencies are seeking host families for international students for next school year. Host families are expected to provide a warm, safe, and loving environment, 3 meals each day, transportation if bus service is not available, and a private bedroom. Families are paid a generous stipend to off-set the cost of hosting so the only thing you need to spend is love and care! Consider hosting an international student!
For more information call Suzy Geise, Private School Exchange, (Korean students) at firstname.lastname@example.org (815) 276-3250 or Julie Jiang, Heritage Student Foundation, (Chinese students) at email@example.com (224) 424-8427.