Shadow Days for prospective students are held on select Fridays throughout the school year. PCHS will pair you with a current Providence Catholic freshman so that you can experience a day in the life of a Celtic! Come meet our students and faculty, experience some classes and enjoy lunch in the cafeteria.
Shadow Day Availability
- Individual Shadow Days are open students who are in 6th, 7th or 8th grade
- Shadow Days are available on SELECT days during the school year beginning in September and ending in April:
Friday, September 6
Friday, September 20
Friday, September 27 (8th graders only, Dress Down/Spirit Day)
Tuesday, October 1 (All School Mass)
Friday, October 4
Friday, October 18 (Dress Down Day)
Friday, November 1 (All School Mass)
Friday, November 8
Friday, November 15 (All School Prayer Service)
Friday, November 22
Friday, December 6
Shadow Day Guidelines
- All visits must be scheduled by 2:30 PM on Wednesday preceding the visit.
- All visitors are required to be in dress code and observe the rules of Providence Catholic High School.
- Unless noted otherwise on this web page, visitors should wear Docker style pants and a collared shirt.
- Docker style shorts are acceptable in September and April.
- PCHS will provide lunch to all Shadow visitors and their host.
High School Students
- High school students are not allowed to shadow.
- Students wishing to transfer to PCHS must schedule an in-person appointment with a parent and a member of the Admissions Office.
Drop Off/Pick Up
- Parent Presentation offered from 7:30-8:00 AM: Our President, Fr. Merkelis and other members of the PCHS faculty, staff and students will be providing information on the Providence Advantage.
- Shadow Day guests should arrive between 7:30 AM -7:45 AM and enter through Door # 14 (NEW STUDENT COMMONS). Coffee and bakery items will be available.
- Parents are responsible for making transportation arrangements to and from Providence Catholic for their student.
- If a Shadow Day guest wishes to ride the PCHS school bus, a parent must submit a note to the PCHS Bus Company absolving PCHS and the Bus Company of responsibility during transportation.
- Guests will not be allowed on the bus without a signed parent note.
- Pick up is at 2:20 at Door # 14 (NEW STUDENT COMMONS).
To grant permission for your student to utilize PCHS bus transportation to attend an upcoming Shadow Day visit, please complete this form. This must be completed by a parent/guardian of the student who will be attending the Shadow Day visit.
- IMPORTANT! Please contact the PCHS Transportation Department at (815) 485-0638 for pick up/drop off times and locations, which are pre-determined stops