Shadow Days for prospective students are held on select Fridays throughout the school year. PCHS will pair you with a current Providence Catholic freshman so that you can experience a day in the life of a Celtic! Come meet our students and faculty, experience some classes and enjoy lunch in the cafeteria.
Shadow days have concluded for the 2018-2019 school year. Dates for the 2019-2020 school year will be posted in early August.
Shadow Day Availability
- Individual Shadow Days are open students who are in 8th grade or 7th & 6th grade
- The 1st semester is reserved for 8th-grade students ONLY.
- The 2nd semester is reserved for 6th, 7th and 8th-grade students.
- Shadow Days are available on SELECT days during the school year beginning in September and ending in April.
Shadow Day Guidelines
- All visits must be scheduled by 2:30 PM on Wednesday preceding the visit.
- All visitors are required to be in dress code and observe the rules of Providence Catholic High School.
- Unless noted otherwise on this web page, visitors should wear Docker style pants and a collared shirt.
- Docker style shorts are acceptable in September and April.
- PCHS will provide lunch to all Shadow visitors and their host.
Drop Off/Pick Up
- Parent Presentation offered from 7:30-8:00 AM: Our President, Fr. Merkelis and other members of the PCHS faculty, staff and students will be providing information on the Providence Advantage.
- Shadow Day guests should arrive between 7:30 AM -7:45 AM and enter through Door # 14 (NEW STUDENT COMMONS). Coffee and bakery items will be available.
- Parents are responsible for making transportation arrangements to and from Providence Catholic for their student.
- If a Shadow Day guest wishes to ride the PCHS school bus, a parent must submit a note to the PCHS Bus Company absolving PCHS and the Bus Company of responsibility during transportation.
- Guests will not be allowed on the bus without a signed parent note.
- Pick up is at 2:20 at Door # 14 (NEW STUDENT COMMONS).
To grant permission for your student to utilize PCHS bus transportation to attend an upcoming Shadow Day visit, please complete this form. This must be completed by a parent/guardian of the student who will be attending the Shadow Day visit.
- IMPORTANT! Please contact the PCHS Transportation Department at (815) 485-0638 for pick up/drop off times and locations, which are pre-determined stops