The following timeline pertains to the Class of 2024
September 2019 through April 2020
Shadow Days -Student must register in advance; see website for information and online registration
October 20, 2019 – 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
November 8, 2019
Providence Veritas Award-due online by 11:59 pm.
November 12, 2019 6:30 PM-8:00 PM
8th Grade Parent Information Night (mini-Open House)
November 23, 2019
Registration for the Placement Exam Begins
December 7, 2019 8:00 AM-11:30 AM
- Placement Exam for all incoming freshmen
- Pre-registration is required- Completed Student Information Form (located on the Placement Exam page of our website)
- Arrival between 7:30-7:45 AM
- $25 Test Fee-cash or check made out to PCHS
- Students will receive a packet of material for their parent(s)/guardian(s) regarding financial aid and scholarships available at PCHS.
December 14, 2019
Make-up Placement Exam for those students who did not test at another school in the Archdiocese of Chicago
January 13, 2020
Placement Exam results will be sent via U. S. Mail.
January 13, 2020-February 23, 2020
Online registration must be completed in its entirety by Noon, Sunday, February 23, 2020. Instructions will be provided on the Admissions page of our website.
As part of the online registration process, you will be required to upload a copy of your student’s certified, county birth certificate and make the $300 tuition deposit electronically.
Complete your application now
February 3, 2020
All financial aid applications are due to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment.
February 3, 2020 (in hand)
The following scholarship applications are due back to Providence Catholic High School:
- Augustinian Service Scholarship /The Stanley and Adele Guz Memorial Scholarship
- Celtic Leadership Scholarship
February 15, 2020 (check www.cefjoliet.org for more specific details)
- Kazma Family Foundation Scholarships due to CEF
February 18, 2020
- Financial Aid Award notification
- PCHS Scholarship Award notification
February 24, 2020
- Scheduling Night for the Class of 2024
- Times and procedures will be forthcoming.
It is imperative that you arrive for your session at the scheduled start time.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled session, please plan on attending one of the other available sessions.
March 20, 2020 6:30 PM-9:00 PM
Freshman Party-invitations will be mailed to registered students only.
May 2, 2020, 8:30 AM OR May 5, 2020, 4:00 PM
- Proficiency Exams for Algebra, Spanish, French
- Choose one date to take one or more exams
- Each proficiency exam will last 1 hour
- There is no cost to take proficiency exams
Calculators are allowed for the Algebra exam
May 31, 2019
Deadline for online dress code purchases
June 8, 2020-June 25, 2020
- Summer Studies Program
- Parents and students will be notified in their scheduling packet if the Summer Studies course is recommended.
June 10, 2020 5:30 PM-8:00 PM
Freshman Family BBQ-invitations will be mailed to registered students only
August 10, 2020
Fall Sports Tryouts-additional information to follow