Providence Catholic High School will accept transfer students under the following conditions if openings exist within the specific class and program of studies.
Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors
- Students must have credits up-to-date to satisfy Providence Catholic High School graduation requirements.
- Students must have not been expelled or asked to leave their former school.
- Students will be admitted at an appropriate time.
- Students will be accepted only if the family is moving into the area.
- Students must meet the above stipulations.
All Transfer Students
- All transfer students are subject to review at the completion their first year at Providence Catholic High School.
- Students must take at least one Theology course each semester while in attendance at Providence Catholic High School.
- The student’s grade point average and credits will be re-figured on the Providence Catholic High School grading scale.
Applicants for Mid-Year Freshman, Sophomore and Junior Classes
- Mail or fax unofficial transcripts directly to the Director of Enrollment. Or, if you have copies of report cards, you may submit those.
- The parent or guardian must submit copies of standardized test that the student has taken. These results can be obtained from the student’s current school.
- Freshmen to Sophomore year: may have taken the STS/Explore/Terra Nova or Iowa Basic
- Sophomore to Junior year: may have taken the 9th grade Explore or PLAN
- Parent or guardian must submit a letter stating the reasons, or circumstances surrounding the decision to seek admission to Providence Catholic High School.
- Providence Catholic must be provided with documentation from the Dean of Students from the current school regarding attendance and discipline.
For additional information, please email Mrs. Rachel Ellingson, Enrollment Director or call (815) 717-3160.