Last updated 7-14-22
- Download a copy of the 2022-23 year-at-a-glance calendar.
- We recommend that you visit this page weekly for updates. New items will be indicated with Updated in red text.
- Don’t miss the additional information below the timeline; scroll all the way to the end of the page.
- Any information marked with the “New Celtics” image to the right pertains especially to Freshmen and Transfer students.
Updated Harvest Drive
Providence Catholic’s Annual Fall Harvest Drive officially begins August 22. Please review the link below for details. For additional assistance, please contact Ms. Aindrea Hogan, Harvest Drive Coordinator at (815) 717-3162.
Go to Harvest Drive Page
New Tuition Payment System for All Families for 22-23
FACTS is our new tuition payment system, and it is required for all families. Parents, please make sure that you set up your FACTS account as soon as possible. Be sure to also select a payment plan.
Read more and get the link to FACTS on our tuition page here.
Back to School Night
Thursday, August 11 | 4:00 – 7:00 PM
(Click image for full view)
Back-to-School Timeline & Due Dates
|Date||Event/Deadline||More info found at....
|Fri 5/6||Info about BYOD Workshop registration sent to parents of freshmen & transfers||Read letter sent to new families
|Busing Contract Due||Transportation Page
|Mon 6/21||Student account credentials emailed to parents. ||Credentials are needed for virtual bookstore, PaySchoolsCentral, and installing Microsoft365.
Read more about Parent Accounts
|Mon 6/21||PaySchoolsCentral info emailed to primary parent of all new students||Food Service Page
Read more about Parent Accounts
|Mon 6/27||Need to order more Dress Code items? Order now so that they arrive before school starts.||Dress Code Page
|Tue 6/28||Summer Mass for parents of Freshmen & Transfers||RSVP here!
|Fri 7/1||eCampus store opens online - Get your textbooks early!||Online Bookstore Page
|Algebra 1 & Algebra 1 Honors refresher course (optional)|
Runs through 7/21
|Read Flyer for all info
|Wed 7/20||Summer Mass for parents of Freshmen & Transfers||RSVP here!
|Fri 7/22||Last day to purchase e-books from eCampus; traditional textbooks still available after today||Online Bookstore
|Updated Digital Drop-in help for installing BYOD apps|
6:00 - 7:30 PM in Computer Lab; Use Door 1
Open to all students; Completely optional
|BYOD Workshops (Sessions 1-4) - Registration required!||Read letter sent to new families
|ParentPlus activation information emailed to any parent who currently does not have an active ParentPlus account (including all new parents),||ParentPlus Page
Read more about Parent Accounts
|Last day to order books from eCampus in order to have for first day of classes||Online Bookstore
|Mon 8/1||Illinois Dept of Health Physical due for Freshmen only|
Illinois Dental Exam due for Freshmen only
|Download the Forms and other Info
|Mon 8/1||Seniors Only: Proof of Meningitis Shot due ||More info
|Mon 8/1||Last Day to register for BYOD Workshop (Freshmen & Transfer students only)||Read letter sent to new families
|Mon 8/1||Is your ParentPlus account activated? Emails were sent to all parents with inactivated accounts during the last half of July.||PlusPortal Information
Read more about Parent Accounts
|Mon 8/1||Make sure you have all your school supplies, including the right calculator for Math class & laptop that meets minimum specs.||School Supplies
Updated Read letter from Math Dept. about TI calculator & software
|BYOD Workshops (Sessions 5-8) - Registration required!||Read letter sent to new families
|Thu 8/4||Summer Mass for parents of Freshmen & Transfers||RSVP here!
|Mon 8/8||Is your laptop ready to go? Make sure that you have installed all the required apps on your laptop. Also ALL STUDENTS, make sure you have updated Windows as well.||List of Apps to Install
|Updated Fall Sports Tryouts begin||Schedule for all fall sports tryouts
|Wed 8/10||Is your student's PaySchoolsCentral account ready?|
Be sure there are funds in your student's account. This is the only form of payment accepted at the cashier stations in the Commons.
|Food Service Page
|Back To School Night|
|Download Flyer for complete info
|Thu 8/11||Used Polo Sale|
(Part of Back to School Night)
|Location: Old Cafeteria
Time: 4:00 - 7:00 PM or until we run out!
Prices: Short Sleeve $5 | Long Sleeve $10 | Fleece $15
Cash, check, & credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) are accepted.
First come, first serve - we cannot guarantee all sizes will be available.
NEW CELTIC WELCOME
for Freshmen, Transfer & International Students
Freshmen: Get complete info here
Transfer & International Students: Get your info here
Busses do NOT run today
Dress Code is in effect
Bring Class schedule
|FIRST DAY OF CLASSES||Busses will run
Dress Code in effect
Be sure to bring your laptop and textbooks
|Wed 8/17||Updated ID/Yearbook photos taken for Sophs & Juniors; |
during lunch periods
|Updated Order online or print your order form. Read more.
- EVERY freshman must have a Illinois Dept. of Health Physical on file. This physical is also required if the student intends to participate in any sport, any season. Freshmen do NOT need the second pre-participation health form. Please make an appointment for your student’s physical now so that you have the form on file with us by August 1. Send to PCHS, Attn: Dean’s Office.
- Dental Exams for Freshman: All incoming freshmen are required by the State of Illinois to have a dental examination. The exam must be completed no earlier than a year (365 days) prior to the start of attendance in 9th grade. Due date: August 1. Download the required dental exam form.
- Student-Athletes: All Sophomore, Junior & Senior student-athletes must also have a pre-participation physical each year. Due date: August 1. Download IHSA Pre-participation health form.
- Seniors & Meningitis Vaccination: The State of Illinois mandates that all seniors must show proof of a second dose of the meningitis vaccine at the start of the school year. Please send proof to PCHS, Attn: Dean’s Office. Due date: August 1.
If you have any questions about health forms and immunizations, please email or call our Deans’ Office at 815.717.3130.
Info to Register for BYOD Workshops
In order to make sure our newest students are ready for the start of the year, we REQUIRE all new students to attend a BYOD Workshop. At this workshop, students will learn how to attach to our Wi-Fi, login to our internet filter, use the student portal, access Office 365 and more. Your student will be at a disadvantage without this knowledge on the first day of classes!
BYOD Workshops for will be held on Thursday, July 28 & Wednesday, August 3. There are 8 different sessions; all new students should register for one workshop.
Please contact Mrs. Grigoletti if you have any questions.
Minimum specifications for laptops as well as links to CDW and Dell stores can be found here on the BYOD page.
See the BYOD Software page for list of software and updates that are required for your laptop.
All students are REQUIRED to have the following items for their laptops.
- Additional power adapter to keep at school
- Protective carrying sleeve
- Compatible headset
- Compatible stylus
Students will need a headset to use with their laptops. NOT ALL EARBUDS are headsets. A headset has a microphone in addition to headphones. Please be sure that you have a microphone as part of your headset. These do not have to be expensive and can be found online at Walmart, Amazon, Staples and more. Also, take care to make sure that your laptop has the proper jack (USB or 3.5mm) for the chosen headset if needed.
Updated Read letter from Math Department here about TI calculator and software
Students are required to have a Texas Instruments calculator, specifically the TI-Nspire CX II. Please do not purchase the TI-Nspire CAS model.
IMPORTANT: When you purchase a new calculator, there is an license number included for companion software. Please be sure to install that software on your student laptop. (More info.) .
Read the Calculator Policy here.
Only locks purchased at Providence Catholic may be used on all lockers (hallway, PE, Athletic).
- Hallway Locks for New Students: You will be issued a lock for your hallway locker at no cost to you. You can pick up this lock at Back to School Night, or it will be issued to you at our New Celtic Welcome.
- Hallway Locks for Returning Students: You may use the lock which you were issued during your freshman year. If you do not have a lock, you can purchase one for $10 at Back to School Night or in the Deans’ Office once classes begin.
- PE & Athletic Locks: Locks for PE classes will be distributed in PE class; the cost is billed through tuition as a class fee. Locks for Athletic lockers must be purchased through the Spirit Shop. Boys will need one for their Athletic locker and an additional lock for PE classes.
Students can bring athletic clothing from home for P.E. Class; no P.E. uniform is required. Be sure that the t-shirts and shorts are appropriate (no offensive or improper images or wording, modest length, etc.) Students are issued a P.E. locker & lock to secure their items; the lock is billed as a class fee.
For Academic classes:
We recommend that you wait to purchase most of the other class supplies until after the first day of classes. Teachers will let students know what is required. One notebook and a pen/pencil, along with your laptop will be sufficient for the first day.
Updated Photos & Portrait Packages
- Freshmen will have their Yearbook/ID photos taken on Friday, August 12 during the New Celtic Welcome day.
- Sophomores and Juniors will have their photos taken on Aug. 17 during lunch periods. Information about purchasing portrait packages will be emailed and posted here.
- Updated Order forms can be found online at Providence Catholic Underclass 2022. Parents can purchase and pre-pay online (or print the form and have student bring on photo day with cash or check).
- Updated Senior parents should check their email for scheduling information from Burns Photography, or contact Burns Photo (815) 485-4802 to schedule a photo session this summer, especially if involved in fall sports, band, or other activities.
Updated Fall Sports Season Pass
There’s a big change this year! We will be using GOFAN for tickets to individual events. But families can still save lots of money with the Family Pass.
Complete information & Family Pass order form.
Please direct questions to Mrs. Arthurs in the Athletic Office (815.717.3170).
What is a Primary Parent?
The “Primary Parent” is the parent who is responsible for completing forms and other “action items”. We use this term when referring to emails and forms.
When you registered your student, you indicated who will be the primary parent. The primary parent is the one who will receive information that requires action on your part such as completing online forms, setting up accounts, RSVP, etc. Our student database requires that only one parent per student complete the forms we send so that data does not become corrupted. Therefore we ask you to choose which parent will be the one to do that work.
In the case of split households, the Primary Parent is usually the one with whom the students primarily resides. The Primary Parent should also be the person who best knows the student’s medical history.
If you would like to change the Primary Parent for your family, please contact our registrar, Mrs. Laurie Ford.
- Newsletters are sent to ALL parents for whom we have a valid email address.
- ParentPlus access is provided to ALL parents as well. (Each parent must have a unique email address, as that is his/her ParentPlus user name.)
Read more about all Parent Accounts