Celtic Learning Center
Providence Catholic has a long history of developing each student’s unique potential for learning. This philosophy has led to the development of the Celtic Learning Center (CLC). Our customized learning resource program is designed to meet the needs of students with documented learning disabilities who demonstrate the potential to succeed in a college preparatory program.
- Discover how you learn: The program seeks to help each student identify his/her learning strengths. This will allow the student to determine the most effective and efficient methods for learning.
- Discover the methods and materials that help you learn: As a strategies-based program utilizing the student’s class work and textbooks, the program enables each student to learn to use his/her strengths to address challenges.
- Become an independent learner: The CLC program is designed to encourage each student to take responsibility for his/her own participation in learning.
Each student in the CLC program must meet the following criteria:
- Meet all requirements for acceptance into Providence Catholic High School
- Attend the Summer Study Skills Program prior to freshman year
- Have a documented learning disability
- Possess work habits and behavior that demonstrate the potential to succeed in a college prep high school
Celtic Learning Center Faculty