Students may choose either a Windows laptop or a Windows convertible tablet pc as their device. Any laptop you consider for purchase must meet or exceed the specifications listed here. If you already own a device that you plan to bring, it must also meet or exceed these specifications. Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets and smartphones do NOT meet minimum specifications.
Important update for the 19-20 school year: Beginning with the class of 2023, all students must have a laptop with a touch screen and a stylus. Students in the classes of 2020, 2021 and 2022 are “grandfathered in” and can continue to use the device that they currently own.
Windows Laptop, or 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Minimum Screen Size: 10 inches
- REQUIRED: Touch screen & Stylus (pen)
- Memory: 4 GB, preferably more
- Hard Drive Size: 128 Gb, preferably more
- Wireless connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/a/c
- At least one full-size USB port or adapter
- Camera, microphone and speaker
- Anti-virus/anti-malware protection (Windows Defender is provided free from Microsoft)
- Power adapter to keep at school
- Protective sleeve
- Stylus (for new students beginning in the 19-20 school year)
- For World Language Students: If your laptop does not have a full-size USB port (also known as USB-A), you will need to have a headset that is compatible with your device. To clarify, a headset is different from earbuds since it also has a microphone.