Shadow Days for prospective students are held on select Fridays throughout the school year. PCHS will pair you with a current Providence Catholic freshman so that you can experience a day in the life of a Celtic! Come meet our students and faculty, experience some classes and enjoy lunch in the cafeteria.
2016-2017 2nd Semester Shadow Dates
- Monday, April 3
- Monday, April 10
* Dress Down Days: Students may wear jeans/shorts (modest length), t-shirts/sweatshirts and gym shoes/sandals. Providence t-shirts and clothing are even better! No flip flops (due to safety), no clothing with holes or inappropriate advertising (ex. drugs, alcohol).
Shadow Day Guidelines
- Individual Shadow Days are open students who are in 8th grade or 7th grade
- The 1st semester is reserved for 8th grade students ONLY.
- The 2nd semester is reserved for 7th and 8th grade students.
- Shadow Days are available on SELECT Fridays during the school year beginning in September and ending in April.
- All visits must be scheduled by 2:30 PM on the Wednesday preceding the visit.
- All visitors are required to be in dress code and observe the rules of Providence Catholic High School.
- Unless noted otherwise on this webpage, visitors should wear Docker style pants and a collared shirt.
- Docker style shorts are acceptable in September and April.
- Shadow Day guests should arrive between 7:30 AM -7:45 AM (enter through the East student entrance door #4 and check in room #222.
- PCHS will provide lunch to all Shadow visitors and their host.
- Parents are asked to pick up their student at 2:25 pm in the cafeteria (Door #14), which is located in the back Southwest corner of the school.
- Parents are responsible for making transportation arrangements to and from Providence Catholic for their student.
- If a Shadow Day guest wishes to ride the PCHS school bus, a parent must submit a note to the PCHS Bus Company absolving PCHS and the Bus Company of responsibility during transportation.
- Guests will not be allowed on the bus without a signed parent note.
Parent Presentation (optional)
Prior to picking up your student from their Shadow Day visit, parents are invited to learn more about the advantages of a Providence Catholic education.
- Program will begin at 1:50 PM and end at 2:25 PM
- Enter door #14 on the southwest side of the building; students will escort you to the presentation
The program will include:
- Presentation with PCHS Counselor
- Q & A session with PCHS students and College Counselor
Shadow Day Registration
To register your student for an upcoming Shadow Day visit, please complete the form below. This must be completed by a parent/guardian of the student who will be attending the Shadow Day visit.
Having trouble viewing form below? Select here to open form in a new window.
Bus Rider Permission
To grant permission for your student to utilize PCHS bus transportation to attend an upcoming Shadow Day visit, a parent/guardian must complete a permission form, which is located at the link below. IMPORTANT! Please contact the PCHS Transportation Department at (815) 485-0638 for pick up/drop off times and locations, which are pre-determined stops.
Submit Permission Form Here