Shadow Days for prospective students are held on select Fridays throughout the school year. PCHS will pair you with a current Providence Catholic freshman so that you can experience a day in the life of a Celtic! Come meet our students and faculty, experience some classes and enjoy lunch in the cafeteria.
2017-2019 Shadow Dates *Dress Down*
Friday, September 8
Friday, September 15
*Friday, September 29*
*Friday, October 6* (Homecoming Pep Assembly)
*Friday, October 13*
*Friday, October 20*
Friday, October 27
Friday, November 3
Monday, November 6
Friday, November 10
Monday, November 13
Friday, December 1
Shadow Day Guidelines
- Individual Shadow Days are open students who are in 8th grade or 7th grade
- The 1st semester is reserved for 8th-grade students ONLY.
- The 2nd semester is reserved for 7th and 8th-grade students.
- Shadow Days are available on SELECT Fridays during the school year beginning in September and ending in April.
- All visits must be scheduled by 2:30 PM on the Wednesday preceding the visit.
- All visitors are required to be in dress code and observe the rules of Providence Catholic High School.
- Unless noted otherwise on this web page, visitors should wear Docker style pants and a collared shirt.
- Docker style shorts are acceptable in September and April.
- Shadow Day guests should arrive between 7:30 AM -7:45 AM (enter through the East student entrance Door #4 and check in Room #222.
- PCHS will provide lunch to all Shadow visitors and their host.
- Parents are asked to pick up their student at 2:25 pm in the cafeteria (Door #14), which is located in the back Southwest corner of the school.
- Parents are responsible for making transportation arrangements to and from Providence Catholic for their student.
- If a Shadow Day guest wishes to ride the PCHS school bus, a parent must submit a note to the PCHS Bus Company absolving PCHS and the Bus Company of responsibility during transportation.
- Guests will not be allowed on the bus without a signed parent note.
Parent Presentation (optional)
Prior to picking up your student from their Shadow Day visit, parents are invited to learn more about the advantages of a Providence Catholic education.
- Program will begin at 1:50 PM and end at 2:25 PM
- Enter through Door #14 on the southwest side of the building; students will escort you to the presentation
The program will include:
- Presentation from a PCHS Counselor
- Q & A session with PCHS students and College Counselor
To grant permission for your student to utilize PCHS bus transportation to attend an upcoming Shadow Day visit, please complete this form. This must be completed by a parent/guardian of the student who will be attending the Shadow Day visit.
- IMPORTANT! Please contact the PCHS Transportation Department at (815) 485-0638 for pick up/drop off times and locations, which are pre-determined stops
Shadow Day Registration 2017