Shadow Days for prospective students are held on select Fridays throughout the school year. PCHS will pair you with a current Providence Catholic freshman so that you can experience a day in the life of a Celtic! Come meet our students and faculty, experience some classes and enjoy lunch in the cafeteria.
2017-2018 Shadow Dates *Dress Down*
*Friday, October 6* (FULL – REGISTRATION IS CLOSED)
*Friday, October 13*
*Friday, October 20*
Friday, October 27
Friday, November 3
Monday, November 6
Friday, November 10
Monday, November 13
Friday, December 1
Shadow Day Guidelines
- Individual Shadow Days are open students who are in 8th grade or 7th grade
- The 1st semester is reserved for 8th-grade students ONLY.
- The 2nd semester is reserved for 7th and 8th-grade students.
- Shadow Days are available on SELECT Fridays during the school year beginning in September and ending in April.
- All visits must be scheduled by 2:30 PM on the Wednesday preceding the visit.
- All visitors are required to be in dress code and observe the rules of Providence Catholic High School.
- Unless noted otherwise on this web page, visitors should wear Docker style pants and a collared shirt.
- Docker style shorts are acceptable in September and April.
- Shadow Day guests should arrive between 7:30 AM -7:45 AM (enter through the East student entrance Door #4 and check in Room #222.
- PCHS will provide lunch to all Shadow visitors and their host.
- Parents are responsible for making transportation arrangements to and from Providence Catholic for their student.
- If a Shadow Day guest wishes to ride the PCHS school bus, a parent must submit a note to the PCHS Bus Company absolving PCHS and the Bus Company of responsibility during transportation.
- Guests will not be allowed on the bus without a signed parent note.
- PICK UP PROCEDURES – Due to construction work on our new building, we are asking that Shadow Day parents pick up their students promptly at 2:15 pm in the school cafeteria. Please enter the school’s WEST driveway, park in the front of the school, along the sidewalk, and enter through Door #1. This is also our after school bus pick-up location, so we are asking that parents depart no later than 2:25 pm.
To grant permission for your student to utilize PCHS bus transportation to attend an upcoming Shadow Day visit, please complete this form. This must be completed by a parent/guardian of the student who will be attending the Shadow Day visit.
- IMPORTANT! Please contact the PCHS Transportation Department at (815) 485-0638 for pick up/drop off times and locations, which are pre-determined stops
Shadow Day Registration 2017