The Mathematics Department provides experiences and opportunities that enable students to realize their mathematical potential and become lifelong learners. To this end, a varied curriculum promotes the mathematical growth of the student through the knowledge of computation, logical thinking, problem solving, and real world application. The result is a student who develops an attitude of enjoyment, challenge, and satisfaction toward mathematics.
For the list and descriptions of all Mathematics classes, view/print the curriculum guide.
Mathematics Calculator Policy
- Students enrolled in mathematics courses are required to have a Texas Instruments TI-Nspire calculator CX II
or TI-Nspire CX calculator.
- Students should download the accompanying software onto their laptops.
- Students are not allowed to play games on their calculator at any time during the school day.
- Using stored information for class work not specifically approved by the teacher will be considered cheating.
- Students will not be allowed to use the TI-Nspire CX CAS or the TI-Nspire CX II CAS.
Why not start earning college credit now! Algebra 2 Honors and AP Calculus AB and BC are eligible for dual credit through Moraine Valley Community College for an additional, nominal fee. Dual credit allows the student to earn college credit while simultaneously earning high school credit here at Providence Catholic. These credits can fulfill general education and career course requirements towards your college degree, no matter what field you choose to study.
Students do not need to live in the MVCC district; nor do they need to travel to the MVCC campus. All that is necessary is to enroll in any of the courses listed above here at PCHS, and then register for dual credit with MVCC. If the student earns a grade of C or better, he/she will earn college credit. That is in addition to the high school credit. It’s that easy!
Students and parents will receive information about dual credit registration and fees at the start of the semester via email.