All PCHS families are encouraged to use Naviance Family Connection for college planning. Naviance is a portal for students and parents which includes goal-setting, college search tools, career exploration and more. We also post the schedule for college reps and all scholarship information here. Students receive their Naviance login credentials during their Freshman year. Contact the student’s counselor for more information on accessing Naviance.
You can download the mobile app as well.
View/print the college planning packet here
College Prep Handbook
View/print your copy of the College Prep Handbook.
Information for College Applications
- PCHS School Code: 142-375 (This is also referred to as the CEEB code or ACT code.)
- PCHS Test Center Code: 170-600 (List this as your first choice of ACT test locations for the 4-8-17 test.
School Profile Document
View/Print school profile
College Application FAQs
- Size of Senior class: 246
- Ranking: We do not rank our students. Leave this question blank if you are asked for it – even if you are asked to approximate your class rank.
- Lowest Passing Grade: Our lowest passing grade is 70%.
- For answers to other school information that may be required on your college application, refer to the school profile.
- College Countdown/Financial Fit Program This breakthrough web-based system offers valuable tools— including engaging video tutorials, easy-to-use calculation software, and direct links to over 2200 Net Price Calculators—to help you find a great college at a price your family can afford. Get Financial Fit login instructions.
- FAFSA on the Web Answers to questions about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You can also fill out your FAFSA online!
- ISAC The Illinois Student Assistance Commission site provides information on the most popular methods to finding financial aid, including scholarships, grants and loans.
College Loans and Savings Plans
- College Illinois College funding will never be the same. You’ll see. Just click around our site. Learn all about 529 prepaid tuition and our secure way to fund college.
- SallieMae For more than a quarter-century, Sallie Mae has been helping students achieve their dreams of higher education by providing funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP).
All scholarship opportunities and applications are posted on our Naviance site, under the “Colleges” tab.
College Rep Visits
The list of upcoming visits by college representatives is posted on our Naviance site under the “Colleges” tab. Be sure to check the list often for updates!
Reminder to students: You must sign up and get a pass from Mrs. Brassil in the Counseling Office in advance. Your pass must be signed by the teacher of the class you will miss at least one day prior to the scheduled visit. All colleges visits are open to both juniors and seniors.
College Night for Seniors & Parents
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 7:00 pm.
Each September, we host an informational meeting for our Seniors as they begin the college application process. We highly encourage parents to attend with their student!
Junior/Parent College Planning
Our Senior/College Counselors will host college planning meetings for juniors and their parents during the spring of junior year. These personalized, interactive sessions which will focus on the college search and selection process using Naviance Family Connection. Each junior along with their parents will be assigned a specific date and time during the school day to meet in small groups of about 4 students in our College and Career Center. As a college prep high school, our goal is to assist juniors in identifying “perfect college fits” as they prepare for the college application process which begins in the fall of their senior year.
College Night for Juniors & Parents
Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Each spring, we host a College Night for Juniors and their parents. Our aim is to guide students and families with the college search process. Attendees will learn more about the college admission process as well. Please join us for this event in our small gym.
Spring College Fair
Friday March 28, 2018, during 4th Period (10:25 AM – 12:05 PM)
All current PCHS Sophomores and Juniors are encouraged to attend this mini-fair. Parents are welcome to attend also.
View/print list of participating colleges